Non-profit organizations that have a 501 (c)(3) status are eligible to apply.
The Carrico Family Foundation only accepts applications May 1st through June 20th of each cycle year. The grant application deadline is June 20 of each year.
Applications must be postmarked on or before June 20th. Please see guidelines for submission rules.
Late applications will not be considered.
2020 Grant Cycle: The new deadline for Grant Applications is July 1, 2020. Applications MUST be postmarked on or before July 1, 2020. We DO NOT accept applications electronically. You must MAIL you application to our post office box. We do not have a physical office for deliveries. Late applications will not be considered. Past versions of the application will not be considered.
The Foundation’s priorities are as follows, but not limited to: health care, education, youth organizations, developmentally disabled / handicapped, social / human services, and community improvement.
The Foundation will make its grants based on the following guidelines:
- One-time grants, which are single-year grants for a specific project;
- Start-up program grants (under special needs or circumstances);
- Challenge or matching grants (note: proposals that have matching funds available are given preference over proposals without matching funds);
- For the 2020 Grant Cycle the Foundation will consider funding “general operating” costs IF a specific project is not available. This type of Grant will be limited and cannot be used to supplement salaries or employee compensation. This will be a one time allowance by the Board because of COVID-19.
Grants the Foundation Will Not Make
The Foundation will not make the following types of grants. Any request for funding for these purposes will be denied:
- Grants for general operating funds;
- Grants to individuals for any purpose;
- Grants to international organization that do not have a qualified domestic Section 501(c)(3) representative;
- Grants to private foundations;
- Grants to endowments or other discretionary funding pools;
- Grants for dinners, balls, or other ticketed events;
- Grants for political purposes;
- Grants for lobbying activities;
- Grants for employee salaries and/or compensation;
- Grants for purposes outside of the foundations funding priorities as listed in the prior section.
There is no cap on the amount you may request.